JoSAA Counselling 2016
JoSAA Counselling 2016 will begin shortly and will come to a halt in 2016. Students having tremendous ranks from appearing in JEE Main and JEE Advance will get their seats allocated by Joint Seat Allocation Authority 2016. Apart from rankings students will be assessed for eligibility criteria. So it is crucially advised to check your standings before you apply for JoSAA Online Registration.
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority conducted their first meeting at IIT Bombay this May. There was a signed Memorandum of Agreement between the Authorities representing 18 IITs and ISM, 31 NITs, 18 IIITs and 18 GFTIs. The business rules for joint seat allotment were concluded.
As per the regulating Authority there has been a revised schedule for counseling process and filling in choices. Commencement of the same will be soon. Hence, candidates are advised to fill in their JoSAA Counselling 2016 Registration without any hindrances and at the earliest.
|Organizing Authority||Joint Seat Allocation Authority|
|Information About||JoSAA Counselling 2016|
|Counseling Dates||Displayed in Table below|
JoSAA Counselling Dates 2016
The counselling procedure will be on the run from June to July 2016. Seat allocation for various academic programs offered by 88 Institutes will be conducted jointly through the ruling Authority for the academic session 2015-16. The process to allocate seats will commence through official web portal.
Given Below are important Revised Dates and timing Candidates must take a note of:
|JoSAA Online Registration & Choice filling||June – July|
|Display of mock seat allocation||July|
|Seat allocation , Round 1||July|
|Acceptance, Round 1||July|
|Allocation , Round 2||July|
|Acceptance, Round 2||July|
|Allocation , Round 3||July|
|Acceptance, Round 3||July|
|Allocation, Round 4 (NITs, IIITs and Other – GFTIs )
+ Preparatory course (IITs and ISM)
|Acceptance, Round 4||July|
|Online Physical Reporting at NITs, IIITs and Other GFTIs||July|
|Academic session starts @NITs + Preparatory course (IITs and ISM)||July|
Candidates must note carefully that above Schedule is revised by the Governing Authorities. Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) and Joint Admission Board (JAB). The above mentioned schedule may change as per the Boards requirement. So it will be notified to the users via Official web portal in case of any change regarding the schedule.
Counselling Rounds for JoSAA Seat allocation 2016
- There will be maximum four extensive rounds which will go sequentially.
- Three rounds will be conducted to allocate seats for IITs and ISM.
- Four rounds for allocating seats in NITs, IIITs and GFTIs.
Eligibility for filling in choices:
Applicants satisfying one or more of the following conditions will be eligible to take part in Seat allocation:
- To qualify in JEE (Advanced) in 2016(without preparatory courses) at IIT and ISM with satisfactory performance in Intermediate or equivalent.
- To qualify in JEE (Advanced) in 2016 for preparatory courses at IIT and ISM with satisfactory performance in Intermediate or equivalent.
- To manage a rank in JEE (Main) 2016 in Paper-1(B.E/B.Tech) with 45% (General) or 40% (SC, ST, OBC-NCL, PwD) aggregate marks in Intermediate or equivalent exams.
- To manage a rank in JEE (Main) 2016 in Paper-2 (B.Arch/B.Planning) with Maths as one of the studied subjects in intermediate or equivalent exam and also 50% aggregate marks (for all categories) including Mathematics.
Note: Students are advised to take expert’s opinion for taking each and every step, in Registration, payment and having valid documents in order not to have any problem in further Counselling process.
Important link: Follow the official link in case of any new notification by Authority.